Thursday, July 9, 2009

Richard Bowen's Elections

Phase one of the elections at RCB has just been completed. Looks like all moderators who chose not to resign have been retained. It is unlikely I would have served had I been elected any way. The terms of my contesting were sadly not met.

I stated that if one of the moderators gets re-elected I shall not serve alongside him. He has a huge tally of votes of which I am made to understand none included the many new handles. It appears out of all the new handles four or so voted for me ( and their votes were deducted from my total). Still none voted against me or any other candidate (at the time of going to press). It is amazing that none voted for or against Mla Chake.

Any way a full summary of my take on the election will be forthcoming later. Right now my supporters are more hurt than the candidate. It hurts me that they are so hurt.

I shall go to bed soon and when I wake up, will consider listening to all the good ideas that I have heard this long night. I am not entirely against the idea of patronizing an alternative site. It pains me though that I would undermine the work Nene and I did back in 1996. I urge supporters to stay calm. Do not plaster RCB with complaints. It does not work and works to build the egos of your detractors. Use your heads and consult as you have been doing.

For those waiting for the usual speech, save your lantern oil. I shall not be writing any surrender speeches any time soon until I am convinced that stories about unfairness in the process are untrue.

No comments:

Post a Comment